Living a greener lifestyle is not only good for the environment, it is also great for your wallet. Disposable paper towels are not only wasteful, they are also expensive.
Create your own reusable paper towels that will save you money and reduce the amount of trash you create:
- First, choose your favorite fabrics. If you already sew, there are bound to be some remnants for you to use. You could also stop by a fabric store, or, better yet, you could go to a thrift store and purchase gently used material.
- Next you will need to wash, dry, and iron your fabrics.
- Choose the size you want for your towels and then sew the seams.
- Iron the seams flat.
- Apply snaps to hold them together.
- Create a roll to put your towels around, or reuse one from real paper towels.
Use your own creativity to live a greener lifestyle; it is easy, affordable, and fun.